Saturday 12 July 2014

The Day We Wed, Part One

At the end of May this year, I married my love, Dan. It was the perfect day we had dreamt of for so, so long. Here begins the story of our day...




After a full day of preparation, bridesmaid Becka, my Mom and I stayed in the most beautiful little cottage on the Calke estate for a night of watching tv, eating pizza and drinking bubbly in anticipation for the big day ahead of us. Becka and I, who shared a bed, stayed up in to the wee hours, gossiping and trying desparately to sleep. Of course we were up at the crack of dawn (literally) watching the sun come up through the tiny window in our room. 
The morning of the wedding was so relaxed. We made preparations for getting ready, sat down to an enormous continental breakfast and ended up watching Rosemary and Thyme whilst waiting for Anna and Zeke (our amazing photographer) to arrive. Then it was operation bride!


















After all the important people arrived, we got down to the business of hair and make up. I decided to do everything myself and I am so pleased with the outcome. Becka and I did a fantastic job with my vintage style up do which was the perfect solution for my all day hairstyle. It gave the 1920's feel that Dan and I had been dreaming of for all of the years we have been together.







Then I slipped on my wedding gown. I chose my gown after seeing it on Pinterest a very long time ago. When we decided that we were actually going to get married, I hunted it down, had it ordered to our local Phase Eight boutique and we bought it then and there. Due to my size, we did have to make a few alterations  and we ended up adding 50 hand sewn buttons to the back and also some pearls to the waistline. I am still so in love with the Mariette gown, it was the perfect dress.


Then it was time for a few bridal shots before rushing down to Calke!









All images copywrite Ezekiel Taylor Photography






With thanks to;

Honeysuckle and Castle - Wedding Planning Services
Ezekiel Taylor Photography - Wedding Photographer for the East Midlands
Phase Eight Bridal
The National Trust



1 comment:

Jodie May said...

Beautiful. Stunning dress and your bouquet is just lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...