Tuesday 12 October 2010

Recipe; Chilli Con Carne (Own Recipe!)

Oh my gosh! I have just concocted the most beautiful chile ever!
It is easy peasy and is with a bit of a twist, its braising steak rather than mince. Mmmmm,
I've never written a recipe before and its very mish mash, I just chucked it all together really!

1 Packet of Braising Steak (ours had 3 pieces)
2 Cans of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans
1/2 Packet of Chorizo
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Onion
Chilli Flakes
Cumin
All Spice

Firstly dice the meat. I cut it into quite small pieces so that my son could manage it. Brown in a pan with a little oil. Whilst browning, put the tomatoes in another pan to simmer.
Once browned, put the meat in with the tomatoes.
Finely dice the onion and garlic, brown in the (meat) pan. Once cooked, add to the tomato pan. Do the same with the chorizo.
Add approx 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon of cumin and all spice.

Transfer into a casserole dish and put in the oven (my oven was on full) for two hours. Stir every 1/2 hour. After an hour, add the drained kidney beans.

Serve with rice and soured cream.

Yummy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...